Volunteer B’Cause Program Project Coordinator
The Ashby Village Volunteer B Cause program is seeking a volunteer to identify and contact local community-based non-profits that could use help from Ashby Village volunteers to complete half day projects (for example, painting, gardening, helping serve meals).
- Follow general guidelines to compile a list of local non-profits appropriate to contact for the Volunteer B’Cause program
- Draft a template to use for letter, email, or telephone contact with non-profits
- Determine best method of contact (for example, initial email or letter with telephone follow-up)
- Make outreach calls and produce letters/emails
- Act as liaison between non-profits and Ashby Village
- Help to create and schedule 2 Volunteer B’Cause projects per calendar year
Knowledge of Ashby Village mission and Volunteer B’ Cause program objectives
Willingness to learn
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Strong writing skills
Ability to work independently with general supervision
Be open to participate at Volunteer B’ Cause projects
Time commitment is 2 hours/week in the AV Office. Work closely with Pat Carvalho and the Volunteer Team.