ASHBY VILLAGE NEIGHBORHOOD GROUPS
Ashby Village is made of 7 Neighborhood Groups (see map). They sponsor a wide variety of events, including happy hour get-togethers, pot luck lunches and dinners, lunches at neighborhood restaurants, walks, teas, puzzle groups, knitting groups, IT groups, theater readings, etc.
Ideally we're looking for a volunteer who live in the neighborhood that needs coordination.
The Neighborhood Groups Coordinators meet every 2nd month to share experiences and best practices, to discuss priorities and to establish guidelines.
- Arrange, announce, and manage one or more events per month for neighborhood group members
- Maintain current roster and mailing list of neighborhood group
members (information provided from the AV office)
- Submit information about neighborhood group
event dates and times in advance to the AV office to include in the calendar
- Record attendees at neighborhood group
events on a form and submit attendance form to AV office once a quarter
- Attend Neighborhood Group Council meetings once a month (2nd Thursdays, 2-4 PM)
Background and Skills:
- organizational skills, basic computer skills, email, word, excel, enthusiasm for working with AV members and for AV’s community building efforts!
Hours per week/month:
Arranging an event can take a few hours to plan and organize initially but less as routine is established.
< BACK TO SPECIAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES