Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Here' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 12:00 PM until 3:00 PM
Location provided after registration
Volunteer B' Cause Program
We're volunteering at the Alameda County Community Food Bank!
Ashby Village volunteers and members are invited to work together and help feed our community!
Space is reserved for 20 participants.
Ashby Village Volunteer T-shirts are available for those who do not already have one.
Due to the work involved in the warehouse, ACCFB asks that volunteers are able to:
- Stand and walk on concrete for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Bend and reach repetitively.
- Regularly lift 10 pound bags and occasionally assist with 30-pound boxes.
- Tolerate bright lights and some noise (e.g. forklifts and heavy equipment, as well as amplified music).
- Be prepared for cool mornings and warm afternoons. The warehouse is not climate-controlled.
- Youth (kids or grandkids) must be at least 12 years old.
The Bay Area is filled with non-profit organizations doing important work, and some of these organizations could use a helping hand. Volunteer B’ Cause is a program that enables Ashby Village a chance to help out other non-profit organizations in the community.
Volunteers and members form small teams to provide support for one-time projects or events. This support may be maintenance, cleaning or gardening, support with organizing and launching an event, or other group activities supporting their mission.