Skip to main content
HomeMembership Fees


Ashby Village is a nonprofit organization of members, and membership fees ensure that Ashby Village can provide the valuable programs and services our members enjoy and continue into the future as a sustainable organization.


Membership fees currently account for approximately 35% of the Ashby Village operating budget. The remaining 65% comes from donations made by generous individuals and community supporters, as well as grants from foundations that have made it possible to keep our fees from increasing since Ashby Village founded in 2010.


Ashby Village offers memberships for individuals and households with annual, semi-annual, and quarterly payment options.


Individual and household memberships are active for a period of 12 months and are renewable annually.


It Takes a Village Reduced-Cost Membership Program


At Ashby Village, we believe that every older adult should have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of our village community. The It Takes a Village reduced-cost membership program was established to make Ashby Village membership more affordable to those of us with fewer resources. 


How do I determine if I qualify?


1. Identify your Qualifying Annual Gross Income level below


2. Choose the Member Type that applies to you (Individual or Household)

3. Consider the Payment Frequency option that works best for you


If cost is a barrier to joining, please contact us for more information. Call the Ashby Village office at (510) 204-9200 or email us at and a staff member will assist you.


We want you to join us!


1 Qualifying Annual Gross Income ranges are informed by the Elder Economic Index (

2 Semi-annual and quarterly payments payments must be made with a credit card and will be billed through automatic bill pay based on the Payment Frequency selected. Semi-annual and quarterly payments include an additional processing charge.