Volunteering at Ashby Village can be a meaningful and rewarding experience. We need volunteers to help with tasks that support seniors in their homes, work in our office, develop and support our programs and events, and more. We look forward to getting to know more about you. Please complete the information below and click "submit."
The first step to becoming an Ashby Village volunteer is completion of the Volunteer Application. We will promptly get in contact with you.
All volunteers must:
- Participate in a 20-30 minute in-person interview with an Ashby Village staff member or volunteer at our office
- Complete a Verified Volunteers online criminal background check and a DMV records check* (if driving). For drivers, provide us with a copy of your valid driver's license and proof of up-to-date automobile insurance
- Sign our Volunteer Agreement and Code of Ethics
- Participate in a half-day Volunteer Orientation and Training, which is generally offered quarterly. Topics include:
- An overview of Ashby Village;
- The importance of boundaries in working with our members;
- The challenges of aging (including hearing loss, physical limitations, memory issues);
- Body mechanics (how to safely assist physically limited seniors, e.g., transfers into cars, getting up from a fall, etc.)