Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Building & Balancing Life in Retirement Group 1
Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM
Registration is not available online - contact the event coordinator
RSVP: Frances Nurkse or call 831-227-9531
When: Every 2nd Tuesday of the month, 2:00-4:00 pm
Where: We meet at participants' homes. Contact Frances for location
Open to: This group is full and is currently not taking new members. Please see information for group 2 (meets every 4th Tuesday of the month).
Accessibility: Contact Frances for accessibility information
Congratulations! You made it into retirement! But does your life feel a bit precarious (like the bird on the rocks) as you learn to juggle the new challenges that come up in retirement? If so, we would love for you to join us in a monthly group sponsored by Ashby Village that seeks to look at the following:
- What will I do with my time and energy during this part of my life?
- For added value or finances, do I want to work? Do I wish to volunteer?
- How will I structure my days? How do I build healthy routines into my life?
- Where will I live? Do I want to downsize or check out senior housing alternatives?
- How will I build socialization into my life? What does “aging wisely” mean to me?
- What new family challenges have now arisen, such as taking care of elderly parents
or grandchild care duties?
- What gives my life a sense of purpose or meaning? How do I balance my new
commitments and responsibilities, so as not to get overwhelmed by it all.
Together, participants will create a space in which people who are relatively recently retired can listen to and learn from one another, as we share stories about “trying things out” during this phase of life, on our way towards building personally meaningful, active and fulfilling lives.