RSVP: Don Hubbard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When: Every last Wednesday of the month, this month: 2-4 pm
Where: Steve Chernicoff’s house - 1114 Hillview Road, Berkeley
Open to: Members & volunteers
Accessibility: NOT wheelchair accessible
Come and join us in our reading of comedies and tragedies from the Bard!
This month we’ll be viewingwe will be viewing a BBC production of Richard II starring Derek Jacobi at Steve Chernicoff’s house - 1114 Hillview Road, Berkeley.
Directions to 1114 Hillview Road
There are two ways to get here, depending on whether you’re coming from North Berkeley (like Solano) or from downtown Berkeley (like Shattuck). The first (from Solano) is more straightforward, easier to describe and follow; the second (from Shattuck) is twistier and trickier, up through the hills. If you’re coming from downtown, you might prefer to go a little further out of your way to take the first (longer but simpler) route instead of the second (shorter but twistier); your choice. Both routes get you to the intersection of Grizzly Peak Boulevard and Shasta Road, after which the directions from there to the house are the same.
From downtown Berkeley (the shorter but twistier way):
1. Come up Cedar all the way to the top.
From North Berkeley (the straightforward way):
2. Left on La Loma, almost (but not quite) to the end, about 1/2 mile.
3. Left on Glendale Road. Road bends to the right and ends in a “T” at Campus Drive.
4. Left on Campus Drive, past two stop signs to third intersection.
5. Sharp hairpin right on Shasta Road.
6. Follow Shasta to end in a “T” at Grizzly Peak.
7. Short jog left on Grizzly Peak, then right at large wooden sign, “Tilden Regional Park, Shasta Gate.”
8. Continue with directions below, “From Grizzly Peak and Shasta.”
1. Come up Marin Avenue all the way to the top.
2. Right on Grizzly Peak, about 3/4 mile to large wooden sign on left, “Tilden Regional Park, Shasta Gate.”
3. Left at sign onto Shasta Road.
4. Continue with directions below, “From Grizzly Peak and Shasta.”
From Grizzly Peak and Shasta:
1. Turn from Grizzly Peak onto Shasta Road.
2. Immediate left at fountain, through Park Hills gate (opposite fire station on right) onto Park Gate Road.
3. Very short block ending in a “T” at Park Hills Road.
4. Right on Park Hills, downhill about 100 yards to a traffic island with a double arrow sign pointing left and right.
5. Left past and around (not before) island onto Hillview Road.
6. Road takes a long bend to the left. After straightening out from the bend, we are the third house on the left, #1114.
7. Park at curb and come up front steps.